[fvc-wat-announce] Debate, Annual General Meetings, Events in the Park

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed May 12 01:04:40 EDT 2010

Hello Fair Voters!  Just a reminder that Fair Vote Waterloo is
sponsoring the next CAPP participation event tonight, 7:00pm in Room 200
at the Waterloo Recreation Centre, 101 Father David Bauer Drive.

Gary Shaul, Campaign Coordinator for "Catch 22 Harper Conservatives"
will be debating Scott Piatkowski, "Advocate for Voting Your Conscience"
on the merits of Strategic Voting.

What's a voter to do?  Well, come to the debate, for starters.  After
the debate some of us are gathering at the Duke of Wellington Pub at 33
Erb St W. to continue the political discussion, to find out more about
"Catch 22 Harper Conservatives", to learn a bit about Fair Voting, and
to consume a beverage or several.

A map showing both locations is at http://cpwat.notlong.com/

For those on Facebook, there is more information at
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118467564838774

=====

On Saturday, 29 May 2010 Fair Vote Canada is holding its Annual Meeting
and Conference from 8:30am to 5:00pm at the University of Ottawa -
Desmarais Building, Room 12102 - 55 Laurier Ave., East - 12th Floor -
Ottawa Ontario.

For details and registration see: http://fairvotecanada2010.eventbrite.com

Facebook details at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113880371963888

And, of course, the Fair Vote Canada web site at http://fairvote.ca/

=====

Next month is the Fair Vote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter's Annual
General Meeting, 7:00pm on Thursday, 3 June 2010 at the Working Centre,
58 Queen St. South, Kitchener.

We'll be electing our Chapter's executive: 2 Co-chairs, 1 Treasurer, 1
Secretary, and 1-3 Members-At-Large.  You can submit your nominations by
e-mail to waterlooregion at fairvote.ca or come to the meeting, where
nominations will be accepted right up to the time of the vote.  A Fair
Vote, of course, using Single Transferable ballot.  It is perfectly
acceptable to nominate yourself!

=====

There are two events planned in Victoria Park:  Fair Vote Waterloo has a
booth both at the Multicultural Festival on Sunday, 27 June 2010 from
noon to 9:00pm, and at the Non-Violence Day At The Park, Saturday 10
July 2010 from noon onwards.  Come out, and you can help distribute some
literature and explain fair voting to people.  Or just meet the new
Executive and enjoy a sunny day in the park.  At least, we're voting for
sun.

All our upcoming (and past) events are listed on
http://fairvote.ca/en/WaterlooRegion   If you know of any other events
in which Fair Vote Waterloo can participate, please let us know at
waterlooregion at fairvote.ca !

See you at the debate!

--Bob Jonkman.
Secretary, Fair Vote Waterloo