[fvc-wat-announce] Event Press Release, Opinion Article and Presentation

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Fri Apr 8 12:41:52 EDT 2011

Hello Fair Vote supporters! Please find attached the press release for our
upcoming speaker/town hall event, "Making Democracy Work." Please invite
friends and family to take a break from the scripted debates and join us to
talk about fixing our democracy! The need has never been more clear.

You might enjoy a little non-partisan article I have out there about putting
democratic participation ahead of partisan interests, with a plug for our event.
http://hamilton-on.ca/2011/04/can-participation-trump-partisanship/

Finally, if you missed Sean Geobey's "Electoral Reform 101" talk last October,
you are most welcome to come out to "Does Your Vote Count?" - the same Fair
Vote presentation (although I can't claim to be nearly as knowledgeable about
reform as Sean). This power point presentation is aimed at those who aren't
already very familiar or onside with the case for proportional representation:
a basic introduction to what's wrong with our system and why Fair Vote thinks
we need change. If I get a few people out who start thinking more about this
issue, I will be very pleased.

"Does Your Vote Count?"
Concerned that politics is nasty, MP's don't listen, and nothing seems to
change?
Want to find out how voting reform could make our democracy work better?

Time: Wednesday April 20, 7-8:30 PM
Place: Mill Courtland Community Centre, 216 Mill Street, Kitchener (Mill St. and
Stirling Ave).
Cost: Free - refreshments provided.
Info: Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca

Thanks again to each of you who are working for democracy in so many different
ways.

Anita
Want to have a real say in democracy? Want to see a more democratic,
compassionate Canada? Help me make every vote count! www.fairvote.ca