[fvc-wat-announce] Fw: [capp] CAPP

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Wed Dec 21 11:56:57 EST 2011

Hello Fair Vote Canada Waterloo supporters! I'm forwarding this on to you (below, start at the bottom and read up). CAPP Waterloo has been our partner for the past couple of years for the "Participate!" events. These events have brought together many people interested in democracy/politics who wouldn't come out to an event just about voting systems, raised the awareness of Fair Vote and how proportional representation is connected to other issues, brought in some interesting speakers and topics, and engendered lots of good discussion related to improving our democracy. CAPP Waterloo now needs hands on help to continue. Whether future CAPPers want to continue any kind of joint events with Fair Vote would be entirely up to the interests of those members, but regardles, a grassroots organization dedicated to promoting political participation is a worthwhile initiative in KW.

Antia