[fvc-wat-announce] Fair Vote Waterloo New Volunteer Meeting

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Wed May 4 18:04:19 EDT 2011

In the two days following Monday's election, over 2000 people emailed the Fair
Vote national office, and the emails keep coming. In my 2+ years working for
this cause with all my heart, I've never had so many people asking to help - to
put feet to their convictions. People are tired of:

1) casting votes that elect no-one,

2) casting "strategic votes" for someone they don't want (abandoning support for
the party they do believe in) only to find out that it didn't work anyways, or

3) voting for a "winner" while realizing the majority of our neighbours remain
unrepresented....

Welcome to Fair Vote, where we know we can bring real democracy to Canada. We
can make every vote count! In response to all the emails to our local group, I
am having a new volunteer meeting. If you'd like to meet others who want to
bring proportional representation to Canada, please contact me about which time
works for you. I can meet:

1) Saturday afternoon or evening
2) Sunday afternoon or evening
3) Monday evening
4) Wednesday evening

Anita
Want to have a real say in democracy? Want to see a more democratic,
compassionate Canada? Help me make every vote count! www.fairvote.ca