[fvc-wat-announce] Event Reminder: The Other Majority, Thursday at 7:30 PM

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Tue May 24 22:00:26 EDT 2011

Hi Fair Vote supporters. Just a reminder about our next event, "The Other
Majority: Finding Our Voice", this Thursday at 7:30 PM at the Adult Rec Centre.
Details below. Hope to see you!

Anita

Canadians Advocating Political Participation and Fair Vote Canada Waterloo
Present:

"The Other Majority: Finding our Voice"
May 26, 7:30 PM
Adult Recreation Centre, 185 King St. S, Waterloo

The majority of Canadians did not vote for the party that won the majority of
seats in the last federal election. What does this mean for democracy? How can
we make our voices heard, and influence the government?

Gary Shaul, union activist with a focus on human rights and the environment, and
past Coordinator of recent Catch 22 Harper Conservatives strategic voting
campaign. Gary will address: How effective/ineffective was the huge push for
strategic voting, and why? What was learned from this election and the
strategic voting campaign? And most importantly, where do we go from here in
our common efforts to have a real voice in our democracy?

Steven Bradley Scott, a candidate for the Pirate Party of Canada in the riding
of Kitchener-Waterloo, will speak particularly about the upcoming omnibus bill.
Steven will address: What is an omnibus bill? What does it mean for democracy?
Should we be concerned, and if so, what can we do now? Steven is interested in
bringing awareness of what is happening in parliament into our local community
by organizing a regular forum where we can all learn about and debate the bills
that are making their way through our House of Commons. He will also share his
personal experience running as a first time candidate in Kitchener-Waterloo.

The speakers will be followed by town hall style discussion.

This event is free, non-partisan (and multi-partisan), and everyone is warmly
welcome! Refreshments provided.

Related groups, causes and parties are welcome to bring their literature for the
information table.

RSVP to the Facebook event page is appreciated, but not necessary - invite a
friend or share this event through Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184105514973972

If you would like more info, contact Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca