[fvc-wat-announce] Citizens for Cross Party Cooperation KW

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Wed Feb 22 12:40:03 EST 2012

Hi everyone. We had an amazing meeting last Thursday at Waterloo Inn. The room was packed with at least 80 people, and the audience was pretty evenly divided between NDP, Green and Liberal voters/supporters. The multi-partisan panel was high quality. The enthusiasm, energy and, most importantly, hope, was palpable in the room.

In the last week, as a result of the Leadnow and Avaaz campaign, 9000 ordinary voters joined one of the parties to advocate one time cooperation. To get them to the point where one says to other, nationally, locally, or both: Let's talk.

While the point of the party cooperation campaign is to bring in a government that can act on common values, and will depend on a three party commitment to proportional representation, Fair Vote Canada cannot endorse party cooperation. Fair Vote is a stand alone multi-partisan organization.

I'm sending out this invitation to all of you who were not at the meeting, but may be interested in joining Citizens for Cross Party Cooperation. Our goal is to support and work in conjunction with the Leadnow.ca/cooperate, which may involve actions directed towards the local or national levels.

Join here if you are interested:

I will not be posting anything else about the cooperation campaign on this Fair Vote announcement list, unless there is a future event that might be of interest to some Fair Voters.

Thank you for your patience.

Anita