[fvc-wat-announce] Event Reminder: FVC Waterloo Chapter presents Dennis Pilon, Thursday, March 22, 7 PM

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Wed Mar 21 21:47:17 EDT 2012

Hi Fair Vote Canada Waterloo supporters. Just a reminder about our event tomorrow night! Fair Vote Canada put this one through the national mailing program, and we'll have some special guests from Toronto, including Fair Vote Canada's Executive Director. Voting reform expert Dennis Pilon is going to talk about what we've learned in the past ten years trying to reform our electoral system, and how we can use those lessons to help us succeed. National polls over the past decade have shown that 60-70% of voters consistently want proportional representation. I don't think a the desire for that vote that elects someone and a Parliament that reflects how we voted has ever been as strong as it has been since May 2011.

I hope you will join us tomorrow, and thanks for being a supporter of Fair Vote Canada Waterloo.

Anita

P.S. The Lyle S. Hallman School of Social Work is at 120 Duke Street West - directy facing the back of Kitchener City Hall.