[fvc-wat-announce] Fw: Fair Vote AGM and Convention

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Mon May 28 18:23:04 EDT 2012

Hi Fair Vote Canada Kitchener Waterloo supporters! Copying you here on the email sent to the national email list.

We had an awesome Fair Vote Canada Convention this weekend. I don't know where to start, but I wanted to share with you a really great, short video montage of the convention made by one of our supporters from Peterborough - Joel Parkes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ptzJfe0Sicc

Also, we have officially launched our Action Network! If you haven't already, please join - then please invite a friend (or a dozen). If we all do this, we will be growing by leaps and bounds, to make a real and visible impact across Canada!

http://www.fairvote.ca/action

Our first collective action will be on July 1 (details to follow). Everyone who signs on to the Action Network will be voting for our first major collective action to take place during Democracy Week in September, from the ideas generated by our supporters. (If you have more ideas of something we can do coast to coast in communities, send them to action at fairvote.ca).

In addition to taking action once a month across Canada, there are many project teams you can join (listed on the page where you sign up for the Action Network). If you don't see what you want to do there, let us know!

Finally, if you want to help us make our Action Network a success, we are looking for a few people to join the Action Network Steering Team. Working in a small group, you will help choose monthly actions from those suggested by supporters, and help us coordinate to make sure our Action Network members have the information and tools they need to be successful - as well as to grow the Action Network. Being on the team will involve emails and likely a once a month Skype call.

Thanks again for all you do.

Anita
On behalf of the Action Team Steering Committee