[fvc-wat-announce] Our AGM

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Mon May 28 15:56:01 EDT 2012

Hello Fair Vote Friends,

As you know this past weekend FVC held it's annual AGM and Conference. The
day was a lively, informative & engaging mix of education, sharing &
exchanging ideas and looking forward as we continue to press for electoral
reform .  Our chapter was well represented with five local members in
attendance. Personally, I came away with new ideas & knowledge and a couple
of people to invite to K/W to speak with us.  The opportunity to come
together as a community, share ideas and experiences was greatly
appreciated. There were interesting and funny moments as well such as when
three of Canada's most knowledgeable people on voting systems & electoral
reform, Stehpane Dion, Wilf Day and Henry Milner, mixed it up over an
obscure point of electoral reform.  It was entertaining!  The FVC Board &
staff worked hard to provided a great day and deserve a great deal of
thanks.

There will be a more detailed report on the AGM and Conference and changes
within FVC at our chapter AGM which is coming up on June 7th at 7pm at the
Queen Street Commons Cafe in Kitchener.   Hope you can attend, everyone is
warmly welcome!

Cheers,