[fvc-wat-announce] Petition Presentation at Peter Braid's Office

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 09:59:27 EDT 2013

Hello All Fair Voting Friends,

Yesterday, six of us met with Peter Braid to present him with the petition
we have be so diligently compiling since last June. The meeting was cordial
and Peter explained the process of authenticating the petition after which
he has two options: present it to Parliament: orally during Routine
Proceedings  from the floor or file it with the Clerk of the House during
Routine Proceedings. Peter assured us he would present the petition but
didn't commit to which of the two presentations options he would pursue.
 He will keep us posted as to the progress of our petition.

A video of the meeting will be posted on YouTube in the next few days and
photo's will be on our website soon as well.  Many thanks to Laurel
Russwurm for being being our photographer, to David Lubell for arranging
the meeting and to Bob Jonkman for doing the actual presentation.  Many
thanks to Anita & Mary for being there to lend a helping hand where & when
needed.

In the coming festival season we will continue asking people to sign the
petition and next year it will be Stephen Woodworth's turn!

Take Care,

Sharon Sommerville
Co-Chair
FVC-Waterloo Region