[fvc-wat-announce] Micheal Chong, Peggy Nash & Stephen Woodworth are speaking, just not at the same time.

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 19:49:50 EDT 2014

Hello Fair Voters,

There are three important events coming up that you will want to consider
attending because the topics are important to our democracy.

First, a reminder that tomorrow afternoon Michael Chong, MP for Wellington-
Halton Hills will speak about his private members bill, The Reform Act at
St. James, The Apostle Church, 85 Glasgow Street North in Guelph at 2pm - 4
pm. Dr. Brian Tanquay will speak about proportional representation.

On Wednesday, April 23rd at 7 p.m. a panel discussion will address: Is the
Fair Elections Act Fair?
The speakers will be Peggy Nash, MP for High Park and Prof. Mathieu Doucet,
from UW. I will speak on behalf of FVC - WR.  Is the Fair Elections Act
Fair? will be held at W-K United Mennonite Church, 15 George Street in
Waterloo.  Any one concerned about the future of Canadian democracy should
consider attending: Is the Fair Elections Fair?

On May 1st, FVC -WR is hosting a discussion on CETA at the Halman School of
Social Work starting at 7pm.  The speakers will be Stephen Woodworth, MP
for Kitchener Centre and Angelo DiCaro, trade researcher for Unifor.  This
event will provide an opportunity to hear both sides of the debate on CETA.
 We are anticipating a lively, respectful and informative discussion.

All three events are free & everyone is welcome.  Light refreshments will
be served.  We hope to see you soon!

Best regards,
Sharon Sommerville
for FVC -WR