[fvc-wat-announce] CETA Talk & Report from Is the Fair Elections Act Fair?

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:54:08 EDT 2014

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Attached is a report from last week's panel discussion on the Fair
Elections Act for those of you who weren't able to attend.  It is
encouraging that the government will amend the bill. We need to see what
the government's changes are to determine the extent of the improvements.
 Looking forward to that!

This Thursday is our debate on CETA with Stephen Woodworth & Angelo DiCaro.
 International trade agreements, The Auto Pact & NAFTA, have changed the
Canadian landscape in the past.  With more trade deals in the works we can
expect more change.   Our forum on Thursday will help us understand the
potential risks and benefits that come with trade deals.  Please join us at
7 pm at the Halman School of Social Work, 120 Duke Street in Kitchener.
 The poster is attached.

Kind regards,

Sharon Sommerville
for FVC -WR