[fvc-wat-announce] The Liberal Policy Convention begins tomorrow

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 21:28:17 EST 2014

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Tomorrow, Jenn Ross & I leave to attend the Liberal Party policy convention
in Montreal.  It is going to be exciting and perhaps a watershed as there
is a priority resolution being voted on at Sunday's plenary session  which
among other things asks the LPC to establish an all party committee to
investigate which electoral system is best for Canada.  The resolution
makes specific reference to proportional representation.

Jenn & I will spend our time at the convention soliciting support for
Resolution 31; Restoring Trust in Canada's Democracy. It is worthwhile to
note that Resolution 31 came from the LPC caucus & it is their priority
resolution.

You can read the resolution here:  www.*electoralreformforcanada*.ca/

Jenn & I would like to thank, Anita Nickerson for her great support (she
did the website!) and that of the National Council of FairVoteCanada for
their terrific support.

We are very excited and will let you know the outcome of Sunday's vote as
soon as we can.

Till then,

Sharon Sommerville
for FVC -WR