[fvc-wat-announce] Excellent Article by Andrew Coyne in today's National Post

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:59:08 EDT 2014

Hello FairVoting Friends,

There is an excellent article by Andrew Coyne in today's National Post on
the effects of our electoral system on electoral campaigns which might be
of interest to you. The link to the article is below.  Mr. Coyne  makes a
very strong argument for PR as a solution to the problem which First Past
the Post creates of  focusing campaigns on swing ridings and swing voters
and largely ignoring other voters.  It is well worth the read.

And, don't forget that our AGM is coming up on June 19th at 7pm at Ricky's
Restaurant, 751 Victoria Street South in Kitchener.

The first Open Streets is this Sunday, 1 - 5 pm. in downtown Waterloo  on
King Street. If you would like to help out at our information table,
volunteer help is always welcome & appreciated!

See you soon,

Sharon
for FVC -WR

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/06/09/andrew-coyne-betting-the-farm-on-swing-votes/