[fvc-wat-announce] Last Night All Candidates Meeting in Kitchener-Centre

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:39:08 EDT 2015

Hello Fair Voting Friends,

Thank you to everyone who came out to FVC-WR's first of five All Candidate
Meetings. The Kitchener-Centre meeting was a great success.  About 100
people attended and we had a thoughtful & respectful discussion about
proportional representation.

Our thanks to Liberal Party candidate Raj Saini, Green Party candidate
Nicholas Wendler and NDP candidate Susan Cadell for their participation
last night. All three represented their party well.

Thanks also to the wonderful staff at the Queen Street Commons Cafe for
their support in making the event a success.

It was clear from last night's discussion that each of the candidates have
a personal commitment to proportional representation.  Given their parties
respective platforms on electoral reform, we are closing in on seeing an
element of proportional representation in our electoral system.

FVC -WR will be hosting All Candidates Meetings in the other four ridings
in Waterloo Region over the next five weeks.  Dates, times and locations
will be announced when the details are confirmed. If you live in any of the
four other ridings, please join us at the All Candidates Meeting in your
riding!

Till then,

Sharon Sommerville
for FVC - WR