[fvc-wat-announce] We Need Your Help To Make PR Happen

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:24:53 EST 2015

Hello Friends of PR,

As you know, Justin Trudeau promised to strike an All Party Committee to
review all electoral systems including PR and using citizen input & expert
advise make a recommendation to Parliament on the best electoral system for
Canada.  We expect that the committee will begin it's work soon.  This is
an amazing opportunity to see proportional representation in Canada in time
for the 2019 election but it will take work to make it happen.  And, we
need your help.

On Monday night, twenty four of us met to put an action plan in place for
Waterloo Region.  We will work with our local MP's to ensure they know that
PR is important and why, provide education on PR to community groups, write
letters to newspapers and many other things. And, we need your help.

What ever you care about: environmental protection, universal health care,
social justice, rising inequality, what ever it is, proportional
representation is the key to progressive public policy and legislation that
serves all.

Could you take a moment to look at the action plan and choose one thing to
help with?  Even if you only have one hour, it will make a difference. We
have exactly one year to take advantage of a once in a generation
opportunity to see a fair electoral system in Canada.  And, we need your
help.

All the best,
Sharon Sommerville
for FVC - WR