[fvc-wat-announce] Join our Thunderclap and find out Where They Stand on Tuesday!

Anita Nickerson anitann88 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 17:03:38 EDT 2015

Hi everyone.

As you probably know, Fair Vote Canada has been asking candidates in every
riding in Canada five questions to determine if they personally support PR,
if they support it enough to advocate for it, and if they will vote for it.
We need 170 yes votes to make PR reality in 2019.

*On Tuesday morning the front page of www.fairvote.ca
<http://www.fairvote.ca> will be Where They Stand.* You'll be able to look
up your riding and see how your candidates answered.

*I'm hoping all of you who are on social media (facebook or twitter) will
support our Thunderclap
<https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/30739-where-they-stand> now. *

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/30739-where-they-stand

You need to sign up before Tuesday at 10 AM. The more Canadians we can
reach with Where They Stand, the better!

Note: On Tuesday, if you see a candidate with a Has Not Replied picture, be
assured they didn't just miss the email (there is also a Declined to Answer
picture for those who replied but refused to answer any of the questions).
In the ridings I've been looking after - about 200 of them - non-responders
were emailed between 3 and 6 times. They had options of answering some or
all of the questions, and clarifying their views in the quote section.

The party positions will be front and centre on our site, too. With three
parties promising this is the last first-past-the-post election it's an
exciting time!

We'll also be announcing on Tuesday that over 500 academics, including over
30 Canada Research Chairs, have signed an open letter by Peter Russell
calling on the parties to implement a more proportional system for 2019.

Thanks for supporting our local Fair Vote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter
and our Thunderclap!

Anita