[fvc-wat-announce] The ERRE Report Recommends PR & A Referendum

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 18:32:48 EST 2016

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Today the ERRE committee tabled its report to Parliament.
The committee recommended proportional representation!  And, as this is
politics, the committee also recommended a referendum.

Enormous thanks to the ERRE committee for their hard work & commitment on
behalf of all of us as they tabled a majority report. Given the numerous
perspectives around the table, that wasn't an easy task.

Now, the report will go to Cabinet.  The Cabinet will make the final
decision on what electoral reform will look like and we can expect
legislation to be introduced in Parliament in the spring.  Until then,
let's keep the pressure up on our MPs and our government.  If we want a
fair electoral system, we need to speak up and speak out.  Write letters to
the editor of the Record, the Post, the Chronicle, call, email or meet with
your MP, talk to friends, neighbours and family, use social media to get
out the message.  We would be happy to give a presentation on electoral
systems to any group.  Just ask.

We have an amazing opportunity to finally get a fair electoral system!
Let's work together and make it happen!

With thanks,
Sharon
for FVC-WR