[fvc-wat-announce] Do you have 3 minutes for a more democratic Canada?

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:26:35 EDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

For those of us seeking meaningful electoral reform today's first
anniversary of the Liberal's historic federal electoral win has been
dampened by an interview in this morning's LeDevoir with Prime Minister
Trudeau. Basically, the Prime Minister said well, maybe just a little
change for now.

Here is an article on the interview and subsequent debate during question
period in Parliament today in iPolitics:

https://ipolitics.ca/2016/10/19/trudeau-backing-away-from-
voting-system-change/
For those of you that speak French, here is the link to the LeDevoir
article:

 http://www.ledevoir.com/politique/canada/482514/la-
reforme-electorale-n-est-plus-garantie

Do you have 3 minutes to phone or email your MP to let them know that we
expect them to keep their election promise to make every vote count?  We
can't let them walk away from this election promise, this is our historic
opportunity to create a stronger democracy and public policy that serves
all Canadians.

Here are the phone numbers and email addresses of our Waterloo Region
Liberal MPs.

Bryan May - Cambridge

telephone: 519 624 7440    email: Bryan.May.P9 at parl.gc.ca

Marwan Tabbbara - Kitchener- South Hespeler

telephone: 519 571 5509    email:Marwan.Tabbara.P9 at parl.gc.ca

Bardish Chagger - Waterloo

telephone: 519 746 1573    email:Bardish.Chagger.P9 at parl.gc.ca

Raj Saini - Kitchener Centre

telephone: 519 741 2001    email: Raj.Saini.P9 at parl.gc.ca

A simple message is all that is needed but if 50 or 75 or 100 of us call or
email, the message will be loud and clear: we expect you to keep the
promise that 2015 will be the last election under First Past The Post.

Let's make sure we get the change we voted for, call or email your MP.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Sharon

for FVC-WR