[fvc-wat-announce] Many thanks at Thanksgiving

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:24:55 EDT 2016

Dear FairVoting Friend,

Happy Thanksgiving.  On behalf of FVC-WR, I would like to express our
thanks to our many volunteers and supporters that have contributed to the
extraordinary work of getting the message for the need of a fair electoral
system out to our community in the past year.

So many hundreds of people have contributed to making our voices heard in
support of proportional representation. To those of you that attended
planning meetings, lectures, talks and a town hall, signed postcards and
petitions, spoke to or emailed your MP, came to monthly discussion
meetings, worked on, delivered or arranged for a power point presentation,
wrote letters to local and national media, attended a Community Dialogue,
submitted a brief to the ERRE or filled in the ERRE questionnaire, to those
of you that stood out in the sun and heat at our community tables, donated
money to help ensure our work would carry on, held a get together, talked
to friends, neighbours or family about electoral reform, so many, many
thanks.  Our work is dependent on our volunteers and supporters, thank you
for your help, support and belief in electoral reform.

And, our work isn't done.  When the ERRE committee tables their report on
December 1st, we will have a better idea of what work 2017 will bring.
Today, we can be thankful for our shared commitment to making Canada's
democracy stronger and the opportunity to build a more equitable Canada
through a fair electoral system.

So many thanks to each of you and all the best to you and yours for a happy
Thanksgiving.

Best regards,
Sharon
for FVC-WR