[fvc-wat-announce] UPDATE ON TOMORROW'S NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION ON ELECTORAL REFORM

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:43:31 EST 2017

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Some great news about tomorrow's 1 pm rally for electoral reform at
Kitchener City Hall!

Catherine Fife, MPP for Waterloo will be speaking. Catherine is a long time
supporter of PR and FVC's work. We are excited that she will be joining us
and are looking forward to her comments.

Jonathan Cassells has agreed to speak!  Jonathan is the Kitchener resident
who initiated the Petition to the Government of Canada on electoral
reform.  The petition hit 102,306 signatures this evening which will
trigger a debate in the House of Commons. Brilliant citizen advocacy.

The heart of the rally is the open mic.  Everyone who wants to share what
electoral reform means to them or what they think of the Liberals broken
promise will have a chance to speak until the rally's end at 2:30 pm.

Join us tomorrow at 1 pm at Kitchener City Hall to share your story about
electoral reform and send a message to our Prime Minister that we expect
him to keep his promise to make every vote count.

Sign the Petition to the Government of Canada on electoral reform here:  Sign
this petition to the House of Commons
<https://secure.fairvote.ca/sites/secure.fairvote.ca/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=213114&qid=8716233>

See you tomorrow!

Sharon Sommeville