[fvc-wat-announce] Volunteers Needed For Summer Festival Fun

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:48:20 EDT 2017

Hello FairVoting Friends,

The summer festival season is underway and we will be at the Multicultural
Festival this week-end. If you are attending the festival, please drop in
to say hello! Our table is on the west side of Jubilee Drive, just south of
the bridge to Roos Island.  Get caught up on what's happening with
electoral reform, send a postcard or sign a petition.

We will be attending eight other festivals over the summer.  Do you have 2
hours to help out at a festival table?  You don't need to be an electoral
systems expert, a basic understanding of the problems with FPTP and the
advantages of PR and a belief in fairness & equality is all that is needed.

Here is a list of the festivals we will be attending:

Kultrun - Sat. July 8 & Sun. July 9 - Victoria Park

Day in the Park - Sun. July 9 - Victoria Park

Open Streets - Sun. July 26 - Waterloo Square

Open Streets - Sun. August 21 - Waterloo Square

LINK Family Picnic - Sat. Aug.26 & Sun. Aug. 27 - Victoria Park

Labour Day Picnic - Mon. Sept. 4 - Waterloo Park

Open Streets - Sun. Sept. 17 - Waterloo Square

Cambridge International Festival - Sat. Sept. 23 - Riverside Park

There are three shifts: noon - 2 pm, 2 - 4 pm & 4 - 6 pm.

We have a great time talking with interested folks, please consider joining
us at a festival this summer!

You can email me at: sharonsommerville at gmail.com if you  have any questions
or want to sign up for a shift.

All the best,