[fvc-wat-announce] Discussion Night for Fair Voting, 7pm Wed 27 Sep 2017 at Bread & Roses -- an #IDOPAN event

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Sep 27 02:20:13 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone: Don't forget about the Fair Vote Waterloo Discussion
Night on Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 7:00pm in the Bread And Roses
Community Hall at 307 Queen Street South, Kitchener.

For those of you driving in, park in the North-East lot, just on the
other side of the Morrison-Reist building. Map:
https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTL0rw--?m=

Print out or write the following on a piece of paper and display it on
the dash of your car:

==========

Fair Vote Waterloo Discussion Night
27 September 2017 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Permit for Bread & Roses North-East Public Parking

*Jim Sannes & Ellen Papenburg*
*B&R #107 -- Meeting Community Room*

==========

See you Wednesday night!

On 2017-09-23 01:05 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Discussion Nights are returning to Fair Vote Waterloo! Thanks to a
> bit of prompting from Fair Vote Canada we’ll be holding a guided
> discussion to answer the questions "How can we capitalize on what
> has happened over the last two years?" and "How can we raise the
> profile of Proportional Representation, and elect a Member of
> Parliament who supports PR, and make the next election different?"
>
> We missed the International Day of Democracy on 15 September, and
> Democracy Week surrounding it (9 September to 17 September). But
> we’re still in time for IDOPAN, the International Days of Peace
> and Nonviolence. What better way to achieve peace and nonviolence
> than by ensuring everyone has fair representation in a democratic
> government?
>
> Thanks to Fair Vote Waterloo members Jim and Ellen we have access
> to the Bread and Roses Community Room. Parking is a bit tricky; if
> you’re coming to Discussion Night we’ll e-mail a parking permit to
> this mailing list in a few days for anyone who’s driving in.
>
> *What*: Discussion Night for Fair Voting -- an IDOPAN event *When*:
> Wednesday, 27 September 2017 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm *Where*:
> Community Room, Bread and Roses Co-operative Homes *Location*: 307
> Queen Street South, Kitchener *Map*:
> https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTLMg--?m=
>
> See you at Discussion Night!
>
> –Bob Jonkman, Fair Vote Waterloo Co-chair and Discussion Night
> organizer.
>
> IDOPAN: https://wrnonviolence.org/idopan/

- --