[fvc-wat-announce] Our meeting with Minister Chagger & a letter in today's Record

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 10:27:03 EST 2018

Good Morning FairVoting Friends,

On Thursday, seven supporters of proportional representation met with
Minister Chagger to express our support for electoral reform.  Our goal was
to keep the conversation about electoral reform going despite the
government's decision not to reform our electoral system.

The meeting was respectful and positive.  Everyone had an opportunity to
express their views and Minister Chagger promised to send our comments to
Karina Gould, Minister of Democratic Institutions.

Minister Chagger also said it is always worthwhile to come to talk with her
so please take her up on it!  If you would like to help keep the issue on
the table, live in the riding of Waterloo and would like to speak with
Minister Chagger, please contact her office to book an appointment.  She
can be reached at: bardish.chagger at parl.gc.ca

There is a letter to the editor in today's Record which you might be
interested in.  It is a response to last Saturday's  article by Luisa
D'Mato.  Here is the link:

https://www.therecord.com/opinion-story/8082043-broken-promises/

And, the one year anniversary of the government reneging on their promise
to reform our electoral system is coming up on February 1st.  Join us for
an Unhappy First Anniversary Party on Wed. Jan. 31st at the Bread & Rose's
Co-Op (307 Queen St. S, Kitchener) in the Community Room at 7 p.m.  More on
that latter!

Till then,

Sharon
for FVC-WR