[fvc-wat-announce] Join the FVC ThunderClap!

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:04:13 EST 2018

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Feb. 1st is the anniversary of the Liberal government breaking its promise
to make 2015 the last election using First Past The Post (FPTP).

There is a lot we can do to let PM Trudeau know that we aren't going to
forget his broken promise and disinterest in ensuring that our electoral
system works for every Canadian.

FVC is organizing a ThunderClap for Feb. 1st and an online pledge in
support of a press conference by Nathan Cullen (NDP Democratic Reform
Critic) and Elizabeth May leader of the Green Party of Canada to mark the
first anniversary of our government's broken promise.

Check out this link to join the ThunderClap and sign the petition

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DjGIcrDdohFMSv9nZi8hD7mMXTm4s
NQUEwH7BhjWZsQ/edit?usp=sharing

And, tomorrow night FVC-WR is hosting an "Unhappy First Anniversary
Party."  Join us to have cake and tweet lots of "Unhappy Anniversary"
pictures to our local Liberal MPs and PM.

After the cake & pics, Dave Arthur will discuss the impact of thresholds in
PR systems.

We will meet at 7pm in the Community Room at the Bread and Roses Housing
Co-op, 307 Queen Street South, at Courtland. If you are coming by car,
please park in the north parking lot.

 Unhappy about the broken electoral reform promise? Join the Thunderclap,
sign the petition, eat cake!

All the best,

Sharon
for FVC-WR