[fvc-wat-announce] [fvc-wat-disc] Join the FVC ThunderClap!

Anita Nickerson anitann88 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 22:37:52 EST 2018

Thanks Sharon!!

Quick link to the pledge:

http://www.fairvote.ca/pr2019votepledge/

<http://www.fairvote.ca/pr2019votepledge/>
Quick link to the Thunderclap:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/67216-pledge-to-vote-for-pr-in-2019

When I know the time of the press conference to tune in on CPAC I'll let
Sharon know.

Thanks for tweeting the MPs and PM.

I haven't been able to be on twitter- ALERT: REALLY need a volunteer who
would like to help consistently with the FVC Twitter account (federal
volunteering opportunity!!).

Anita

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:04 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello FairVoting Friends,
>
> Feb. 1st is the anniversary of the Liberal government breaking its promise
> to make 2015 the last election using First Past The Post (FPTP).
>
> There is a lot we can do to let PM Trudeau know that we aren't going to
> forget his broken promise and disinterest in ensuring that our electoral
> system works for every Canadian.
>
> FVC is organizing a ThunderClap for Feb. 1st and an online pledge in
> support of a press conference by Nathan Cullen (NDP Democratic Reform
> Critic) and Elizabeth May leader of the Green Party of Canada to mark the
> first anniversary of our government's broken promise.
>
> Check out this link to join the ThunderClap and sign the petition
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DjGIcrDdohFMSv9nZi8hD7mM
> XTm4sNQUEwH7BhjWZsQ/edit?usp=sharing
>
> And, tomorrow night FVC-WR is hosting an "Unhappy First Anniversary
> Party."  Join us to have cake and tweet lots of "Unhappy Anniversary"
> pictures to our local Liberal MPs and PM.
>
> After the cake & pics, Dave Arthur will discuss the impact of thresholds
> in PR systems.
>
> We will meet at 7pm in the Community Room at the Bread and Roses Housing
> Co-op, 307 Queen Street South, at Courtland. If you are coming by car,
> please park in the north parking lot.
>
>  Unhappy about the broken electoral reform promise? Join the Thunderclap,
> sign the petition, eat cake!
>
> All the best,
>
> Sharon
> for FVC-WR

*Proportional representation delivers more of what YOU voted for!*
Sign the Declaration: www.fairvote.ca/declaration