[fvc-wat-announce] Two Important Referendums That Need Our Help

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:29:58 EDT 2018

Hello FairVoters,

There are two important, we hope historic, referendums happening right now
that could use our support.

The first one is the BC referendum to move from FPTP to PR to elect
BC's provincial
legislature.  Polling indicates it is going to be close.  The teams in BC
could us our help to get out the support they have identified in their
communities.  Ballots are being mailed out on October 22nd after which BC
could use our help to contact PR supporters.    Can you help make phone
calls to known supporters to encourage them to mail their ballot?  Even one
hour would be helpful!

The second referendum is happening right here in Waterloo Region. On
October 22nd as part of the municipal election, Cambridge is holding a
referendum on moving to a ranked ballot for future municipal elections.
This is another historic opportunity to put a crack in FPTP particularly in
Waterloo Region.  Do you live in Cambridge?  Do you have friends, family or
colleagues that live in Cambridge?  If you do, there is a town hall meeting
this Thursday at 7 pm at Wesley United Church, 6 Cambridge Street to learn
more about the referendum or how you can make this happen.  Please let
everyone you know (even vaguely!)  in Cambridge about the meeting and why
it is important to vote yes on the referendum question on October 22nd.

                                              Yes Cambridge! Town Hall
                                                 Thursday, October 11th
                                                             7 pm
                                                 Wesley United Church