[fvc-wat-announce] Discussion Night: Referenda with @YesCambridge on Wed, 26 Sept 2018 at the Blackwing Coffee Bar, 135 George St., Cambridge

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Sep 24 00:08:03 EDT 2018

Hi everyone! This coming Wednesday we're holding our Discussion Night
at the Blackwing Coffee Bar in Cambridge, one of several places in
Canada that’s holding a referendum on Electoral Reform. We’ll meet up
with the team from the Yes! Cambridge campaign. Who knows, there may
be some people that you recognize!

We’ll discuss what the members of Fair Vote Waterloo can do to help
the referendum campaigns in Cambridge, Kingston, and British Columbia
happening now, and in PEI with their provincial election in October 2019.

*What*: FairvoteWRC Discussion Night: Referenda
*When*: Wednesday, 26 September 2018 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Blackwing Coffee Bar
*Location*: 135 George Street North, Cambridge, Ontario
*Map*: https://osm.org/go/ZXnsWDtB-?m=

-----

Next month we’re back in Kitchener at Bread & Roses for an explanation
of a Proportional Representation system that uses the existing
First-Past-The-Post voting system, keeps the existing electoral
boundaries, and doesn’t require any more (or fewer) Members of Parliament.

Larry Kryski will suggest an interesting enhancement that adjusts the
relative power of an MP based on the number of votes received by that
party. His paper on the proposal, Creating a Proportional
Representation Electoral System That Works was submitted to the ERRE
consultation.

*What*: FairvoteWRC Discussion Night: Weighted First-Past-The-Post
*When*: Wednesday, 31 October 2018 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Community Room, Bread and Roses Co-op
*Location*: 307 Queen Street South, Kitchener
*Map*: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTLMg--?m=

-----

Bob Jonkman,
Co-Chair, Fair Vote Waterloo