[fvc-wat-announce] FairvoteWRC AGM, 7pm Wed 24 Apr 2019 at Bread & Roses Community Room

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Apr 8 03:40:48 EDT 2019

Hi everyone!  Did you know that this month, April 2019 is the 13th
anniversary of the Fair Vote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter?  Yes, over
a year before the Ontario Electoral Reform referendum we were already
planning the activities for the coming year!

And our Annual General Meetings have crept up the calendar since then.
While April started as the month for our AGM, the last few years they've
been in June.  This year we have some personnel changes, and the
opportunity for a reset. Our AGM will be held on our Discussion Night on
the last Wednesday of this month:

*What*: Fair Vote Waterloo Annual General Meeting
*When*: Wednesday, 24 April 2019 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Community Room, Bread and Roses Co-op
*Location*: 307 Queen Street South, Kitchener
*Map*: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwTLMg--?m=

Important business will the election of the Executive. Our current
Treasurer, Cathy Scott will be taking over the Chapter Co-ordinator
duties, and so we need to fill the position of Treasurer.  This is the
main reason for calling the AGM now. The Executive positions to be
filled are:

1 Co-Chair (two year term)
1 Secretary (two year term)
1 Treasurer (one year term)
1 to 3 Members-At-Large (one year term)

A full agenda will be sent about a week before the AGM.

In May we can discuss the outcome of this month's election and PR
referendum in PEI, as well as the by-election outcome in Nanaimo-Ladysmith.

If you have any questions, please send them to info at fairvotewrc.ca where
several Exec members can answer them.

--Bob Jonkman
Fair Vote Waterloo Co-Chair and Discussion Night Organizer

Mail to: info at fairvotewrc.ca
Phone: +1–519–279–2990