[fvc-wat-announce] More Election Action: Debates, A Documentary and our Trudeau Ad

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 21:10:54 EDT 2019

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Elections are a busy time and there is a lot going on in Waterloo Region
and Guelph!  The Record has a list of All Candidate Meetings & Forums.  If
you are interested, here is the link:

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/9611055-waterloo-region-federal-election-forums/

Our FairVote friends in Guelph are hosting a screening of the documentary,
"Election Day in Canada: When Voter Suppression Came Calling".  It is an
important exploration of the 2011 robocall scandal and the consequences for
Canadian democracy.  We know that FPTP encourages micro-targeting of
electors which can provided a springboard for fraudulent practices.  The
filmmaker, Peter Smoczynski will be in attendance to answer questions. It
would be an interesting and worthwhile trip to Guelph!

"ELECTION DAY IN CANADA: When Voter Suppression Came Calling"September
28th, 2:00 pm.Bookshelf Cinema41 Quebec St. GuelphReception to follow in
the E-Bar

As you may know, FVC has targeted 20 ridings to remind voters of the
Liberal's broken promise on electoral reform.  Thought you might like to
see the ad which is a part of the campaign.  Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khYoJAQV7aY&feature=youtu.be

All the best,
Sharon
for FVC-WR