[fvc-wat-announce] Three More All Candidate Meetings

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 09:58:44 EDT 2019

Hello FairVoting Friends,

Cross Cultures is hosting "Democracy In Action" All Candidate Debates in
three ridings.  Here is the listing:

1) *Sunday September 29 2019 for Kitchener Centre** riding 2-4 pm at Forest
Heights community centre

2) *Sunday October 6, 2019 for Kitchener Conestoga* riding 2-4 pm at Forest
Heights community centre

3) *Wednesday October 16 2019 for Kitchener South - Hespeler* riding 6-8 pm
at Chandler Mowat community centre

* note that the Kitchener-Centre meeting is today at 2 pm

If you are thinking about attending and would like to raise the electoral
reform issue here are some samples questions:

1) "The LPC broken its 2015 promise to make every vote count saying that
there wasn't any consensus despite having made a definitive campaign
promise, despite having a mandate, despite 88% of expert witnesses & 87% of
citizens who testified to the ERRE recommending PR and despite a recent
Angus Reid poll that found that 77% of Cdns agree that we should move to a
proportional electoral system.  How do you justify breaking your promise to
Cnds. about a fundamental democratic principle?"

2)  You had a mandate to enact electoral reform, we expected leadership &
we didn't get it, a recent Angus Reid poll found that 77% of Cdns. support
a switch to PR, if this isn't consensus, what does consensus look like to
you?

3)  Here I am voting strategically again, why should I vote for you this
time when you lied to me in 2015 about an issue critical to Canada's
democracy.?

4)  "In light of the Angus Reid poll, which found 77% of Cdns agree that we
should move to a proportional electoral system, would a Liberal government
be willing to revisit, your broken promise of electoral reform? Seems like
consensus to me."

Kind regards,

Sharon

for FVC - WR