[fvc-wat-disc] Last minute Williams talk planning

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 1 21:53:38 EST 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Derek Kraan wrote:

> I think that we should
> keep any further meeting at the end to a short length - nothing formal, just
> a discussion over things that people would like the chapter to do, and
> signing people up to the discussion mailing list.
	I definitely don't want people to feel obligated to stay for a
meeting after a talk. We can make announcements, though.

> Ferguson on them which I will bring, and some petition sheets. I can print
> off a couple more, and bring envelopes for membership forms. Could you
> photocopy a few of those for the meeting, Paul?
	What do you want me to photocopy? Not envelopes, I hope.
	If you want the Dr Don handouts there is still a bunch in the
WPIRG office, which I have collected.

> Paul, could you take care of that too (if you are able to borrow WPIRG's
> photocopier, otherwise I can print off a bunch in the engineering
> computer labs).
	I printed about 20 of the August announcement (which is dated May,
unless I messed things up) and also about 20 of another more general
document.
	Finally, I have a couple of signup sheets for the mailing lists,
and 6 posters that we can write on to give people directions. I will take
all of this to AL 208 for about 6:30pm. I will also bring some tape and a
marker.

> We could even turn it into a booth in
> the SLC so that people walking by could write letters to their MPPs as
> well. Let me know what you think (and feel free to begin a different
> discussion thread if you think the idea has merit).
	I think we might announce this as a future event, but leave the
details unspecified. It would be good if we could do some things off
campus (maybe we can have parallel letter-writing parties in Cambridge,
Kitchener and Waterloo?)

	I may not be checking my mail until tomorrow afternoon, but I hope
that is all we need for the event. If it is then maybe Derek doesn't need
to come to the WPIRG office (but he can if he wants).