[fvc-wat-disc] Last minute Williams talk planning

Derek Kraan derek.kraan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 18:08:46 EST 2006

Prof. Williams will present first. He will have a few minutes to answer
questions at the end of his talk, and then Mr. Vankoughnett will be allowed
to speak and answer questions if he would like to. I think that we should
keep any further meeting at the end to a short length - nothing formal, just
a discussion over things that people would like the chapter to do, and
signing people up to the discussion mailing list. Let me know if you (any of
you) disagree with this. It's still up in the air.

I have some of the "Electoral Dysfunction" handouts with "Doctor" Don
Ferguson on them which I will bring, and some petition sheets. I can print
off a couple more, and bring envelopes for membership forms. Could you
photocopy a few of those for the meeting, Paul?

Nick has got "tabloids" left over from the debate in his polisci class. Can
you bring those, Nick?

Other than that, the other thing that we might want (from the site that you
linked to) is the Referendum Threshold Fact Sheet:
http://fairvotecanada.org/files/FVO%20fact%20sheet%20-%20threshold%20august%202006.pdf.
That's what I want, at least. You can feel free to suggest other ones. Paul,
could you take care of that too (if you are able to borrow WPIRG's
photocopier, otherwise I can print off a bunch in the engineering computer
labs).

We don't know when the next FVC meeting is. We can, however, recommend to
people that they sign up for the announcement list so that they can easily
find out about the next one. Your idea sounds quite good, and would be
pretty easy to pull off. We could even turn it into a booth in the SLC so
that people walking by could write letters to their MPPs as well. Let me
know what you think (and feel free to begin a different discussion thread if
you think the idea has merit).

I was hoping that someone would volunteer to make posters for the event,
Paul. ;)

I'm just kidding of course. I'll drop by WPIRG after my lab tomorrow and
help you out. My lab runs from probably 1:30-ish to 5:30, so I'll head over
after that. That should be enough time to get organized and stuff.

Anybody else have input?

Derek