[fvc-wat-disc] Current Events?

Graham E synesthesia507 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:32:38 EDT 2007

Howdy Folks!
Things are busy as this campaign speeds up, are they not?
I've contacted all the local publications I had contacts for, soliciting the article Derek and I wrote (thanks Derek!), so far Qatalyst and CTRPLLR are on board with putting the article in, and give us strong support (their responses will follow this email).
I've also been in contact with an organisation/event at Laurier called Artworks, and they would be willing to let us put a table up on the Third of August at their concert (at the BUtton Factory, also known as the community arts centre, on Regina, I believe). I've asked if we could have five minutes to speak, so, we'll see how that goes.
FVC Laurier is speeding up, and if we meet any students or laurier affiliates who wish to be involved, please let them know. Our email is fvclaurier at gmail.com. I'm going to book the next meeting tonight or tomorow.
Have we considered trying to get a table at the Farmers Market? Lots of people go through there on Market Days.
Also, I heard we might be getting a large banner - is this something we'll keep solely for events, or that we could ask the city to hang on King Street so that everyone driving by will see it and ask "What Referendum?".

Well, away I go, more information to follow, and props (errr, felicitations) to Rick for the Letter to the Editor.
Cheers!

Hi Graham,

I can only speak for myself, but I support your cause 100%.  I've CC'd this message to publisher Hilary Abel, and hopefully we'll find room in the forthcoming issue.

Cheerio!
Dylan Groves

Yes, you were in contact with me before - we met at the non-violence festival.  The Artswork event and zine workshop are taking place on Friday, August 3rd.  There are going to be two workshops (possibly three - I'm just waiting for confirmation on the third one) in the afternoon - the zine workshop and a workshop on environmentally-friendly fashion design.  The workshops will start at 2:00 in the Bricker Academic Building.  If you want to have some time during the zine workshop to talk about your zine depot, that would be cool - or if you have something else in mind, just let me know, and we can probably work it in.  I think it would be awesome if you could debut it on that day.  In the evening, there's going to be a concert of local bands at the Button Factory in uptown Waterloo.  I'm going to have tables available for community groups, so you are more than welcome to have a table for Fair Vote.  The concert starts at 8:00, so setup will be at 7:30.  The Artswork website is also almost up and running (it's at http://www.lspirgartswork.org) so when that's ready, you can feel free to use the calendar and forums there to promote anything you have planned for the zine depot.

Graham Arthur Engel
"Live simply so that others may live."