[fvc-wat-disc] Current Events?

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jul 12 15:00:39 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Graham E wrote:

> Things are busy as this campaign speeds up, are they not?
 	Things aren't sped up yet, unfortunately.

> I've also been in contact with an organisation/event at Laurier called
> Artworks, and they would be willing to let us put a table up on the
> Third of August at their concert (at the BUtton Factory, also known as
> the community arts centre, on Regina, I believe). I've asked if we could
> have five minutes to speak, so, we'll see how that goes.

 	This is awesome. Thanks for all the work you have been doing to
organize events (for this and Nudge and the Laurier group...)

> FVC Laurier is speeding up, and if we meet any students or laurier
> affiliates who wish to be involved, please let them know. Our email is
> fvclaurier at gmail.com. I'm going to book the next meeting tonight or
> tomorow.
 	Do you have any website presence? If not we could maybe put
something up on our webpage.

> Have we considered trying to get a table at the Farmers Market? Lots of
> people go through there on Market Days.
 	Apparently you need to be a registered nonprofit to get a table at
the Kitchener market. I don't know about the St. Jacobs or Waterloo one.

> Also, I heard we might be getting a large banner - is this something
> we'll keep solely for events, or that we could ask the city to hang on
> King Street so that everyone driving by will see it and ask "What
> Referendum?".
 	By "large" we were thinking "large enough to be on the gazebo." It
looks like getting a computer-printed one will break our budget, though --
the one quotation I got was about $240 for an 8'x2' banner.

 	I wonder whether we could hand-paint something?

--
Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday July 10, 7pm