[fvc-wat-disc] Minutes from July 10

Kevin Smith kevedsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 00:20:25 EDT 2007

Fair Vote Canada - Waterloo Chapter
Executive/Volunteer Meeting
Tuesday, July 10, 2007, 6pm
Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work, rm. 108

Exec Present: Brian, Kevin, Derek, Shannon, Angela
Others Present: Paul, Larissa, Andrew

 1.Agenda Approved
 2.Minutes Approved
 3.Council Reports (Angela)
	- Woolwich  - very supportive
	- employees all given all literature
	- placed at township buildings
	- North Dumfries - has done some distributions
	- Waterloo, Wilmot - nothing yet
	- Cambridge, Kitchener - in September
 4.Festivals
	- Dragon Boat - July 14 - Paul, Derek, Brian will bring equipment
	- Hillside - Saturday - Angela, Brian
	- Sunday - Paul, Brian, Kevin (give Paul a ride, do 1 hour)
	- Paul will have passes at the next meeting
	- Afro Fest - Paul, Derek (Waterloo Park)
	- Beat Rocks the Block - have to skip
	- Mill Race Festival in Cambridge - Civic Holiday weekend
	- Angela will contact Shannon
 5.Unions and Social Planning Council
	- Trudy has distributed our literature to the community centres
	- Trudy has talked to KPL; they're interested in having a forum
	- Farmer's Market idea being discussed
	- CAW - wants 120 booklets now; maybe 1000 later
	- OSSTF - 1200 brochures; box of booklets
 6.Universities
	- starting to get organized
	- Laurier
		- met today, 3 students + Brian
		- Anthony Piscitelli chaired
		- planning booth for Frosh Week
		- liaising with student paper
		- arranging a debate
	- UW - Networking Group
 7.Recruitment
	- no new members for executive
 8.Chamber of Commerce
	- Angela has contacted them about sponsoring forums
 9.Liaising with Provincial
	- Campaign Financing Rules
	- provincial will release these soon
	- fundraising period: July 10 to February 10, 2008.
	- spending period: September 10 to October 10
	- Oct 9 info night may be problematic -- investigating
	- Posters - 8-1/2 " x 11" - ordering 300-400
	- T-shirts and Buttons - we've got logos; we can make them
	- Kevin will send required languages to Angela
		- she will forward the request to provincial
	- Brochures: Derek will order 3-4 boxes; expecting delivery soon
 10.Next Meeting
	- July 24, 2007, 7-9 pm – volunteer meeting @ Lyle S. Hallman, rm. 108