[fvc-wat-disc] New insert (sample)

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Jul 6 11:27:00 EDT 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Kevin Smith wrote:

> That's interesting ... are there people that look at their cereal
> boxes in the morning, see the French, and they go ballistic?  Does it
> ruin their whole day?
 	Now you know why I don't eat cereal anymore.

 	Actually, I think that the difference between cereal and voting is
familiarity. You see the French on your cereal box every day, and you know
you can safely ignore it. That's not the case on October 10: millions of
voters will get their ballot, go to their booths expecting to spend thirty
seconds marking papers or hanging chads or whatever, and then freak out
when there is this BLOCK OF TEXT in TWO LANGUAGES that they are supposed
to decipher in order to determine the future of voting in their province.

Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday July 10, 7pm