[fvc-wat-disc] RE: Cambridge MMP group

Angela Yenssen ayenssen at rogers.com
Mon Jul 30 23:09:05 EDT 2007

At the present time the next planning meeting is scheduled for August 21st
at 7 p.m.  However, I think we should meet sooner if we are able to schedule
something with Donna's group (perhaps before the presentation on one of the
information nights?).  I am willing to contact Donna but I would like to
know what I'm proposing to her.  It sounds like Derek, Shannon, and Paul all
want to work with her group and are open to the idea of a merger.  I still
favour the idea of a merger, but not because I think our group has a
monopoly on spreading the word about MMP as Paul asserted.  I am so
aggravated with the silo mentality in this region. I would like to see the
MMP campaign members transcend that thinking and work together as one group
rather than perpetuate this idea of a great divide between Cambridge and
Kitchener-Waterloo.  I'd like to have feedback from Kevin and Brian on this
question of the best way to respond to Donna's group before I contact her.
Care to share your thoughts, gentleman?