[fvc-wat-disc] Re: Waterloo FVC group

Jason Hammond ygcjason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:01:21 EDT 2007

Derek,

  Have we considered approaching Councils for an endorsement of MMP?  I
would be happy to make (or be a part of) the presentations, having made
delegations before, and knowing some of the folks around the horseshoe from
my own Regional Councillor campaign last fall.  If successful, I would
approach the AMO (Association of Municipalities of Ontario) to expand this
effort.

Peace,
Jason Hammond

On 7/31/07, Derek Kraan <derek.kraan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I should point out that the scope of our organization extends far beyond
> the University of Waterloo. Actually, I am now the only student on the
> executive. Our organization is responsible for the entire Waterloo Region,
> which includes Cambridge. Our intent in meeting with your group is to make
> sure we both know what the other group is doing so that we can avoid
> duplication of work. For instance, we plan to present to the Cambridge City
> Council, and have already made presentations to the township councils and
> Waterloo City Council. Regional Council is also in the works.
>
> We think it's great that a group has sprung up in Cambridge, but we really
> need to function as a single group to be effective. If we both show up at
> these council meetings, they're not going to know who's who and our message
> will not be as strong.
>
> Derek
>
> 2007/7/31, Alan Angold <AlanAngold at rogers.com>:
> >
> >  Hi Angela,
> >
> >     Donna has given her OK.  I'll be going to the meeting myself and can
> > take up to six other people in my van.  Let me know if you'd like a ride and
> > I can pick up the crowd at the university if that's convenient.
> >
> > Take care,
> > /Alan
> >
> > PS. This is my second attempt at sending this message.  Managed to send
> > it to the "bounces" address by accident.  Previous message was CC'ed to
> > Donna Reid.
> >
> > **Angela Yenssen <ayenssen at rogers.com> <ayenssen at rogers.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for your help, Alan.  Please confirm with us that a member of the
> > FVC Waterloo Region Chapter can attend the Aug. 13th meeting of Donna's
> > group.
> >

> > Donna Reid wrote:
> >
> > No objections. We are all on the same team and want to help as best we
> > can. Please invite them to our August 13th mtg. at the Zehrs community room.
> > Donna

Jason Hammond
Male Co-Chair, Young Greens of Canada
ygcjason at gmail.com | (519) 744-6883