[fvc-wat-disc] Re: Waterloo FVC group

Alan Angold AlanAngold at rogers.com
Tue Jul 31 22:16:25 EDT 2007

Thanks Derek, I didn't know that.  I agree one big group presenting is
much better then two smaller groups, especially in political circles
where they count bodies/votes.  I will pass this information on.
/Alan

Derek Kraan wrote:
> I should point out that the scope of our organization extends far
> beyond the University of Waterloo. Actually, I am now the only student
> on the executive. Our organization is responsible for the entire
> Waterloo Region, which includes Cambridge. Our intent in meeting with
> your group is to make sure we both know what the other group is doing
> so that we can avoid duplication of work. For instance, we plan to
> present to the Cambridge City Council, and have already made
> presentations to the township councils and Waterloo City Council.
> Regional Council is also in the works.
>
> We think it's great that a group has sprung up in Cambridge, but we
> really need to function as a single group to be effective. If we both
> show up at these council meetings, they're not going to know who's who
> and our message will not be as strong.
>
> Derek
<snip>

Alan Angold <AlanAngold at rogers.com>
549 Sandbrooke Court, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2T 2H4
Home:(519) 747-5535