[fvc-wat-disc] Assorted short things

Brian Tanguay btanguay at wlu.ca
Tue May 15 10:19:14 EDT 2007

Hi Paul. The bank account was indeed opened on Friday, but: it will take
a week or so before the cheques are available and, more importantly,
there is $0 in the account. Somehow Sean has to get his hands on the
$250 so that he can deposit it to our account. If that can happen today,
that would be great. I have a car, so I could pick the money up myself,
if need be.

If the Multicultural Festival needs a cheque before next week, one of
us is going to have to cut it and get reimbursed somehow.

On the issue of media coverage, Larry Gordon and I met with the
editorial board of The Record yesterday for over an hour. We had a "full
and frank" exchange of views. There should be some coverage flowing out
of that encounter this week, though I'm not sure how sympathetic they'll
be (one of them was quite hostile, though he might have just been
playing devil's advocate, as he claimed to be doing). They're intending
to publish an advocacy piece of mine within a few days (once I've
written it, of course).

The "volunteer meeting" you refer to: is that the executive meeting of
the 22nd??

Cheers,
Brian

>>> pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org 5/15/2007 10:01:12 AM >>>

 	I apologise in advance for being antsy, but there are a few
things
that are on my mind.

 	0. Did a cheque get written to the Multicultural Festival? If
not,
should I just see if I can write a cheque and run it down in person?

 	1. Did the chapter make a bank account yet? (I am less concerned

about this than the multicultural festival cheque.)

 	2. As you are aware, today is the big day when the OCA hands in

its report. Could some people explicitly agree to watch the media and
see
what coverage we get (and whether we need to write some stern letters
the editor?)

 	3. Could we get the agenda for next week's volunteer meeting
hammered out so that I can make an announcement for Friday?

 	4. We are setting up a campus club at the University of
Waterloo,
but we need seven people (preferably undergrads) to sign on as members.
If
you would be willing to join up, could you e-mail me?

 	I would especially appreciate knowing the status of the cheque,

because I am hoping we won't miss out on this opportunity.

Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday June 12, 7pm