[fvc-wat-disc] Bill 218

Brian Tanguay btanguay at wlu.ca
Thu May 17 15:32:32 EDT 2007

There'll be another session (or the current one will simply carry over
into the fall) before the writs are dropped, and if need be they can ram
the legislation through then. Not ideal (especially for the poor
schmucks in the Chief Elections Officer's entourage), but it can be
done.

I'm not a constitutional lawyer (thank the gods), but I'm pretty sure a
session can simply be adjourned for the summer, not prorogued, and if
that's the case, the legislation does not die on the order paper.
Brian

>>> pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org 17/05/2007 2:21:07 pm >>>

 	The question below was forwarded to me by a correspondent. I do

not have the answer. Do any of you?

- Paul

---

Here's one for you to tackle. What happens if the Election Bill - 218
doesn't get passed by the end of the session next week ? What does that
do
to the referendum ?