[fvc-wat-disc] Conference Fees

Kevin Smith kevedsmith at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:31:20 EDT 2007

Hi folks:

Just looked at the registration form for the June conference.  The
fees are somewhat eye-popping:

____ $95.00: full conference fee with lunch, continental breakfast and three
snack/beverage breaks
____ $55.00: basic conference fee, no meals, snacks, beverages
____ $55.00: student/low income fee, with meals, snacks, beverages
____ $15.00: student/low income fee, no meals, snacks, beverages.
Saturday night party
____ $10.00 admission

So for a low-income person, sure you can spend $15 to come to the
weekend, but don't expect to eat.  You want to come to the party?
Well, that'll cost ya.  Then there's transportation and/or
accomodation.

Not low-income?  If you want it all - conference with food and the
whole shooting match, you'll be paying $105 + transportation +
accomodation, so hope you're committed to the cause.

This doesn't seem like a very accessible event to me, which is a
shame, because I think it is important to build a diverse grassroots
movement in order to win this referendum.

I am planning to go, but I'm wondering how many others will be.

Kevin.