[fvc-wat-disc] Idea Proposals

marcia.soeda at ontariocitizensassembly.ca marcia.soeda at ontariocitizensassembly.ca
Tue Oct 2 14:43:06 EDT 2007

Hi All,
Please keep up the good work. I think a good way to spend some of the 1000
dollars would to put small ads or line ads randomly through the local papers,
such as the pennysaver, it covers Cambridge and K-W region. Maybe also other
papers such as the small Waterloo one and the Record. I think they should have
slogans or direct people to the videos done for the Assembly (Billy Ballot and
The Assembly in their own words.) Short of that we need a publicity stunt. Do you
know one good publicity stunt could change a whole election, we learned that
during the Assembly process. If you are thinking of the newspaper ads you need to
move fast.
Last night I went to do my training to be a District Returning Officer and the
teacher asked who knows anything about the Referendum, about 1/4 of the room put
up their hands and the rest laughed nervously. These people are well informed
about election going on and they know nothing about the choices of the
Referendum. One lady there, who was a teacher said she was not going to vote
change because she did not feel informed enough to make a decision. I think we
have our work cut out for us. Did you also know there will be scrutineers for the
Referendum as well as for the election. It will be so hard to sit there and not
say anything about the Referendum.
Marcia Soeda

On Mon Oct  1 19:16 , Adam Glauser <adamglauser at wlualumni.ca> sent: