[fvc-wat-disc] Cleanup

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 12 15:57:20 EDT 2007

--- Angela Yenssen <ayenssen at rogers.com> wrote:

> I don't think we should be precipitous about disbanding the mailing
> lists.
> Paul, could you send out a reminder to people on the process for
> unsubscribing from the lists?  People will then be able to
> terminate their
> membership on the list if desired and those of us who want to stay
> connected
> can do so.

Incorrect. When I posted clear unsubscription information in the past
it was ignored and/or people lacked the technical ability to follow
it, and I got yelled at a lot. This happens on every mailing list I
maintain.

The vast majority of people on the announcement list signed up
explicitly for the referendum.

I understand the temptation to keep access of all those people on the
mailing list, but I do not think it is correct.

Since this will become Bob's responsibility, he can do as the group
decides, however.