[fvc-wat-disc] Cleanup

Brian Tanguay btanguay at wlu.ca
Fri Oct 12 19:18:33 EDT 2007

Sorry to have been incommunicado for a while, but I'm just now getting
through some of the hundreds of messages that have accumulated the past
two weeks. I basically declared myself "e-mail bankrupt" a while
ago....

I could get the signs from Kitchener Centre, if no one has volunteered.
Could you please re-send me a list of their locations?

Thanks to everyone for your heroic efforts. The result wasn't what I
wanted; actually, it was a lot worse than I feared. But, to steal a line
from the FLQ (not that I'm endorsing their aims or methods or anything
like that), nous vaincrons! Or the Latin American version: venceremos!

At least you gotta believe that we will win in the end. Somehow.

Brian

>>> ayenssen at rogers.com 11/10/2007 10:12:11 pm >>>
I don't think we need to meet as a group to tend to the signs.  Adam,
Rick,
and Bryn have already taken ownership for picking up the signs they put
up.
Bob Jonkman has agreed to take down the signs that he put up in the
Elmira
area, as well as the signs Derek and I put up in that area.  I am
assuming
that the group in Cambridge is taking down the signs erected in that
city.
I will prioritize taking down the other signs Derek and I put up in
the
Kitchener-Conestoga and Kitchener-Waterloo areas tomorrow.  Therefore,
the
only area yet to be covered in terms of taking down signs is Kitchener
Centre (Derek e-mailed the list of locations of signs in Kitchener
Centre
earlier today).  I am desperately seeking another volunteer to take
down the
Kitchener Centre signs.  I am really too busy to get to that area plus
the
Kitchener Waterloo and Kitchener Conestoga signs myself in the next two
days
especially given that my car is small and I have to take all the signs
apart
to transport them.  I can gather the signs Derek and I put up
relatively
quickly tomorrow morning (I hope!) because I know exactly where they
are
located.  However, if no volunteer comes forward to tend to the
Kitchener
Centre signs, I will do it Saturday night which is unfortunately the
earliest I can get to that job.  Maybe Derek could contact Tracy to
help
with picking up the Kitchener Centre signs since Derek arranged for her
help him put up the signs and she has a van she can use to transport
them
easily while still assembled.

I have contacted the provincial Vote for MMP campaign to see if they
have
any desire to store the signs.  Once I have a response, I will let you
all
know so that we can decide a course of action regarding storage or
recycling
of the signs as appropriate.

Angela

  _____