[fvc-wat-disc] Surplus not spent including Cambridge funds

Jan Liggett jkliggett at rogers.com
Sat Oct 13 21:27:10 EDT 2007

Food for thought.

I am speaking as someone who not only volunteered on this project but also donated money.  I want to place my support behind a research project on the condition that the local and the national media are asked to report on it when finished.  Therefor I believe that all leftover funds should be spent on it.

If we as a group do not ask for an independent unbiased report on what happened leading up to and including last Wednesday's vote, we haven't finished the job and we can not keep moving forward for the next time.  It will serve notice that the government can't ignore us.
While it would be inappropriate to help fund it without asking for it to be unbiased upfront. I believe that we can and should ALL support the project.  Money spent on thank you advertising and gas bills could be better spent as anyone voting for the change to the system doesn't need to be thanked for voting responsibly.

That's my two cents worth anyway.

It was a pleasure working with all of you.

Jan Liggett