[fvc-wat-disc] Signs and money

Angela Yenssen ayenssen at rogers.com
Sun Oct 14 00:12:44 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

There seem to be two burning questions on the listserv right now and I will
respond to them both briefly.

1)  Fate of our signs -- the provincial vote for MMP office has told me that
the central campaign does not want our signs.   I was advised that we should
go ahead and recycle the signs since the central campaign also did not
foresee that we would have a use for them in future.  If anyone who picked
up signs is having difficulty disposing of the stakes, I can pick them up
from you at some point since my parents live a rustic country life and will
make good use of the stakes.

2)  Surplus funds -- I wholeheartedly support channeling our surplus funds
to a post-referendum research project.  I would like to know if our
canvassing and literature drops had any impact on voters' decisions.  My
only request attached to the funding for the research would be that we
receive a copy of the write-up when the research is finished so we know the
results.  I do agree with Jan's comments that we want the research to be
independent and unbiased.  I have no desire to interfere with the research,
only to see the report when it is done so we can learn from the findings
(whatever they turn out to be).

That's my two cents worth for the moment.  Have a great weekend,
Angela