[fvc-wat-disc] New email group available now ...

Alan Angold AlanAngold at rogers.com
Sun Oct 14 22:23:23 EDT 2007

Absolutely, the main point here is to keep in contact.  I'm not trying
to corral
everybody into a solution of my design -- it just seemed that nobody
else was
picking up the ball so I thought I'd quickly create a GoogleGroup.  It
has the
same functionality as the current group plus more stuff so I figured it
would be
a reasonable start and would get some of the administrative and maintenance
work off of Paul's shoulders at WPIRG so he could take a breather.

I think as long as we have the entire email list (which I believe that
Paul does)
then whoever takes care of the new email list can just plug the list
into the
software and out pops an invitation to everybody.  GoogleGroups has this
facility, a Listserve probably does too.  GoogleGroups is also out there
available
on an open web site so others can be invited by all the current members
or join
in themselves.

I've been kinda buried under emails lately so I haven't kept up with the
earlier
emails on the group.  Perhaps I missed the discussion of what the other
ideas
are.

I'm open to suggestions.

/Alan

ARI DAIGEN wrote:
> I'll answer for Adam with what the problem is--there are *many* ideas
> going back and forth about how to organize. I bet I'm not the only one
> thinking "organize it however you want to organize it, just once you
> do, let me know through the *old* list so I don't lose track of you."
> And whenever you *do* decide on a way to organize, be sure there's one
> primary, definitive means of communication for everyone, so that
> everyone's in the same place.

Alan Angold <AlanAngold at rogers.com>
549 Sandbrooke Court, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2T 2H4
Home:(519) 747-5535