[fvc-wat-disc] Encouragement for canvassers and would-be canvassers

ARI DAIGEN adaigen at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 26 18:00:57 EDT 2007

Having to travel from Fairview Park Mall to Rim Park and back without a car
(with a stop for pamphlets--those FVC flyers are great!), I never did get to
go canvassing today. I *did*, however, get the chance to strike up a
conversation with five or six people I met in my travels. Wearing a button
and carrying "Vote MMP" lawn signs around helps. A couple times I caught
people staring and said "I have some pamphlets if you like," which I then
gave them along with a brief explanation.

What's the point of this? I don't know if I'm the only one who hasn't really
gone canvassing yet, but in case there's anyone else, I wanted to let them
know: the response was overwhelmingly positive! As expected, most people
hadn't heard of the referendum, but when it was explained they thought
electoral reform made sense! Just thought that might be encouraging.

Best wishes,

Ari